Distance Education is an educational process and system in which all or a significant proportion of the teaching is carried out by someone at a distance from the learner. Distance education is very beneficial for candidates who wish to pursue their higher studies but do not have the time to do so. Students can pursue their studies by not attending regular classes in the campus. Thus the motto of Distance learning program of the University is to overcome the socioeconomic and geographical bindings in getting higher education and to continue learning by people who stay at remote places or already employed, housewives etc.
Distance education has opened the gates of“Learning Anytime Anywhere”
The objective of Distance Education is to:
- Acquire Knowledge
- Enhancing Qualifications
- Career Enhancement /Promotion
- Social Status
- To provide high quality,
value basedcareer- orientededucationto students and working professionals.
- To facilitate students in understanding,
developingintegrationand applying both core and specializedconceptsand practices.
- To provide students with a stimulating and
learningfriendlyatmosphereso that they can utilize theirintellectualcapacities to specialize in various areas ofstudy.
- To produce energetic, effective efficient and
ethicallydrivengraduate and postgraduates to serve society.
The School of Distance Learning, Jagan Nath University
School of Distance Learning
(Approved by Distance Education Bureau and
The School of Distance Learning, Jagan NathUniversity has been established and approved
The Distance learning programs of
JaganNath University has:
- Sector-specific and job-oriented.
- Modern up-to-date curriculum
- Lateral entry for diploma holders in the
- Effective Personal Contact Programme.
- Adequate hands-on training for ComputerPracticals.
- Examination conducted twice in a year.
Design and Structure of the Program
Distance education simply means
The medium of instruction is English. The state
- Internet-supported Audio/Video
- Virtual classrooms through
- Videoconferencing through VSAT.
- Audiovisual of multimedia products.
- CD/DVDs versions of distance
Comprehensive Course Content
Assignments are an integral component
Counseling is an important activity in
The University follows a unique pedagogy for
“Believe in the best…. Have a goal for the best
- Clear conceptual understanding of
- Reinforcement of learned concepts
throughcasestudies and audio-visual aids. Widerange of human skills and techniques forcreativethinking & decision making.
- Practice through assignment and projects.
- Communication skills leadership &
Teamworkskillsgained through various group activities.
- Application by
List of study
List of Examination